Frequently Asked Question
What settings in DXF/HPGL import dialog mean ?
myCNC software offers import of DXF and HPGL files and convert it to g-code for different technology processes:
- Mill cutting;
- Plasma cutting;
- Gas cutting;
- Camera (computer vision);
- Tangential knife;
- 45 degree Tangential knife;
It's possible to generate g-code that use several technology process and automatical switching between them (like Camera alignment and engraving, tangential knife and mill cutting)
Some settings can be selected for each technology process.
- "Tool lift": tool moves between cuts/engraving on this "safe" height.
- "Z": Z position for engraving - machine perform engraving on this height.
- "Feed" : engraving speed.
Example of DXF to G-code conversion for engraving
- "Tool lift": tool moves between cuts on this "safe" height.
- "Material thickness": Thickness of material to cut. It's supposed that Top of material has position Z=0. If material thickness is "H", tool will end cutting on position Z=-H.
- "Cut Depth": Depth of each cutting pass.
- "Feed" : cutting speed.
myCNC software generates multi-pass cutting starting from Z=-Depth, then -2Depth, -3Depth,...,-H.
Each pass going deeper to "Cut Depth" value.